Location & Access
If you are using a GPS system and travelling to Killarney from the north, east or west, then may we suggest you use the GPS to guide you to Killarney town first.
From Killarney, take the N71 south towards Kenmare/Muckross House and Gardens for 4 km approx. Turn left immediately after Muckross Park Hotel (L3016). Travel on this road for 300m and turn right.
If you are travelling from Kenmare, travel north on N71, turn right immediately before Muckross Park Hotel (L3016). Travel for 300m and turn right.
Distance to Friars Glen from…
- Kerry Airport – 20km – 20 minute drive
- Cork Airport – 95km – 1.5 hour drive
- Shannon Airport – 130km – 2 hour drive
- Dublin Airport – 300km – 4 hour drive
Nearby Pubs & Restaurants
- 300m – Major Colgan’s Pub serving food and Yew Tree Restaurant at Muckross Park Hotel.
- 2km – A number of hotels, restaurants and pubs serving bar food.
- 4km – Killarney town with a superb selection of pubs, cafes and restaurants and some great nightlife venues too. Taxis are easily available.
“My husband and I had the luck to spend a few days here last week, visiting from the US for a road trip around Ireland, and it was a high point of our entire trip. We spent our days walking in the park, and our evenings playing Scrabble in the sitting room by the fire with a pint or a cup of tea. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and abundant and the breakfast room overlooks a field full of deer, songbirds and butterflies. Everyone is so friendly, we felt immediately welcomed. Our room was comfortable, with a big soft bed, and spotless, and had a beautiful view of the park. We are already planning a return trip – thanks.”