Breakfast, facilities and services
Breakfast like a king at Friars Glen! We serve breakfast from 8am to 10am.
Help yourself to our cold buffet of juices, cereals, fruit, yoghurt and freshly baked breads. We offer a great selection of breakfasts freshly prepared to order, including pancakes, smoked salmon and the all the delights of a full Irish breakfast.
Irish breakfast tea, freshly brewed coffee, hot chocolate and a range of herbal teas are available. Please advise us in advance of any dietary requirements.
- Complimentary wireless broadband
- Free private parking
- Guest sitting room with an open fire, books, magazines and games, corkscrew and wine glasses
- Ice machine
- Room for damp outdoor clothing
- Luggage storage facility
- Patio and garden area, with a mountain view, for guest use
- Friars Glen is adjacent to Muckross Garden Centre which stocks a variety of plants and flowers. A 10% discount on purchases is offered to Friars Glen guests.
Friars Glen is set on 28 acres and this affords us tranquility and privacy. Friars Glen has a 4 acre garden and includes an orchard and a vegetable garden. The southwest facing garden is a delight on a sunny evening to enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine. We frequently encounter the majestic Irish Red Deer and Sika deer in the garden as well as pheasant, foxes and red squirrels.
- Complimentary tea and coffee on arrival
- Tours and activities arranged
- Early breakfast for guests with early departures, scheduled trips and tee times.
- Early or late check-in by prior arrangement if possible
- Babysitting service by prior arrangement